7/09/2004

TIME TO EXPLORE MY CITY

My Mom is back in town for a short time, but today we'll be able to spend a little time together. I'm pretty excited about it.

The plan is that she's going to meet me at work after I get off and we're going to have dinner down here on the Waterfront, probably at the Fisherman's Restaurant. I'm hoping it'll clear up (currently: Rain), because the sunsets can be spectacular on the Sound.

Then we're going to the Seattle Art Museum. I still haven't been there yet, but Mom suggested it. I'm glad she did, they're having a Van Gogh and Mondrian exhibit right now. And I have a 2-for-1 coupon, so score. And Mom will probably pay, so double score! I did a paper on Van Gogh's Starry Night, which got me hooked on his work. Pretty excited to see Cafe Terrace at Night. (oh damn. just found out no discounts on the exhibit. oh well. still going.)

After that, I'm not sure. I'd really like to stop by Nordstrom's or Sephora. My brother's girlfriend just graduated (Congrats Jessi!) from Western Washington University, so I would like to get her a graduation gift. I don't really know her that well, but I'm thinking about getting her some perfume from Philosophy, like Pure Grace. She seems like that sort of person, into the simple things. Philosophy has these suggestions for the Grad. I'd sure like to graduate again, but I do love picking out gifts for people.

Also, I need to keep my eye out for a graduation gift for my Hubby. He just completed his 5-year Union Pipefitter apprenticeship, and I am so proud of him. He is now a Journeyman Pipefitter. Wow. And the funny part is, he still wants to go to welding classes offered by the Union to improve his skills. Learning is a lifelong process indeed. But, I would like to get him something nice. I'm thinking a new Coach wallet (JUST found out there was a Coach store right by my morning bus stop, to bad it's closed at that hour). He had some Coach belts, so he understands the importance brand. He couldn't think of anything else he wanted except for Xbox games. I told him he can buy those on his own time. And I looked at his wallet, and it was showing some major signs of wear. I think it's been 3 years since he got a new one.

So, work now, then play after work. I think it'll be fun. Mom knows the fun of shopping!

1 comment:

wyn said...

sounds like a fun day ahead! :) yeah... it's your duty to infuse him with style with a stylin' wallet. makes me consider that as a future give for a guy.... :D i'm graduating soon too! lol. i think i'm getting a digi camera to add pics to my posts :p oh, and i wore the black dress. his suit was black and he wore a tan shirt. we were a rockin' looking couple :D