7/27/2004

AMERICA'S FAVORITE COOKIE

I was surprised when I heard that Oreo's, and not chocolate chip, was America's Favorite Cookie (according to Good Eats).  I guess when it comes to buying cookies, Oreo's beats them all.  I mean, you can't exactly make them yourself, now can you?

A while back, Hubby and I went to a friend's barbeque.  They had the new Mint 'n Creme Oreo's.  Lemme tell you, they're damn addictive - they taste like the Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies.  And when I went to another friend's barbeque, I brought the Mint Oreo's (and a six pack - great combo).  Last night, Hubby and Sis-in-Law were watching "That 70's Show", and in the episode they were eating Oreo's.  I walk in the room, and they plead for me to go to the store to get Oreo's.  I was this close to going, but was able to convince Hubby to go get them (I cooked dinner after all!).

So the three of us were in Oreo bliss, eating both regular and the Mint Oreo's.  With milk, of course.  Are we pathetic?

Has anyone tried their other varieties? Peanut Butter & Chocolate, Golden, Golden w/ chocolate, Chocolate Creme, Fudge covered.  And lo and behold!  They have a Fudge Mint covered Oreo!

As for my opinion on Double Stuf, I think it's got a little too much Stuf for my taste.

7 comments:

wyn said...

haha, good point about not being able to make your own oreos! never heard of the "golden" variety here, there is also coffee & chocolate, i'm hankering to try!

wyn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

We've got the chocolate creme and Double Stuf types here but none of the rest. I like Oreo's and with milk, it's even better! But, I'll never get tired of Choc Chip Cookies (esp. Mrs. Fields and Famous Amos ones). I'd take a choc chip cookie over an Oreo anyday! :)

-thushara
puredew.com

Michelle said...

wyn, you're alive! thesis defense soon? well, good luck. I was going to leave a comment, but it wasn't on for that post. Anyways, I never heard of the coffee oreo. THAT would be awesome. For as long as I can remember, I've always been fond of coffee dessert items.

Anonymous said...

Safeway's brand called Tuxedos have a mint version that is better than Oreo (in my opinion) AND they're often on sale for $2 or buy 1 get one free.

Michelle said...

I didn't know THAT! I've always been happy with Safeway Select products (most of them), so I don't see why they wouldn't be good. But BETTER than Oreo? I gotta try it! Well, as soon as we eat through our two bags of Oreo's. There's only two of us, so it might take a while...

Yvett said...

We've tried the golden oreos and I guess they're ok. Oreos are not my favorite cookie. I do prefer chocolate chip but I guess you're right, we can't make oreos at home.